In cooking, everyone’s favorite celandine is used in a fresh, freshly frozen, dried (sometimes salty) form. Fresh leaves are added to the salad, chopped root vegetables - in soups and side dishes.
Freshly frozen parsley (in proper storage conditions) does not lose its nutritional and healing properties for a whole year.
The spicy taste of parsley is due to the presence in it of a whole complex of extremely useful substances. It contains:
- Essential oil, which has been widely used in medicine since ancient times. With its help, get rid of diseases of the bladder and kidneys, as well as infections of the genitourinary tract. The diuretic effect of parsley essential oil allows you to use this plant in cases where you need to urgently remove excess stagnant fluid from the body: with cellulite, before menstruation, and when swelling occurs. A strong diuretic effect allows the use of essential oil to normalize the menstrual cycle in case of irregular and meager menstrual flow.
- Polysaccharide inulin. The presence of this component makes parsley a product recommended for the nutrition of patients with diabetes. It is believed that inulin lowers the level of glucose in their blood. In fact, the decrease in this indicator is explained by the fact that inulin is practically not absorbed by the human body. Sweet taste allows you to use inulin as a safe natural sweetener.
- In a small bunch of fresh parsley (weighing 50 grams) contains the daily rate beta carotene and ascorbic acidpossessing a general strengthening and antioxidant effect. In terms of beta-carotene, parsley is identical to carrots.
- Besides the just mentioned vitamin C multivitamin complex of parsley greens includes vitamins of groups B, PP, A and E. These biologically active substances that improve the functioning of all internal organs and systems of the human body, primarily strengthen immunity, increase efficiency and prevent the penetration of pathogens.
- The combination of mineral salts, the most valuable of which are salts of iron, potassium and magnesium. Without these components, the correct functioning of the cardiovascular system, the normal condition of the skin and hair, and iron deficiency often end in the development of anemia, are impossible.
- Significant amount of coarse plant fibers and fiberthat promote healthy digestion and improve the functioning of the digestive tract.
What is glycogen? What does it consist of and where does it accumulate? Read more here.
Use for diabetes. Popular recipes
The therapeutic effect of parsley on the diabetic is:
- In normalizing the level of glucose in the blood and urine.
- In removing excess salts due to the powerful diuretic effect.
- Taking chopped parsley root (100 g), it is poured with a liter of boiling water and allowed to infuse for at least an hour. After filtering, the infusion can be consumed. The daily rate of use is no more than 200 ml per day, the duration of admission is several weeks. The infusion prepared according to this recipe is recommended use with significant edema and urinary retention.
- Chopping with a knife stalks of fresh parsley, a full tablespoon (with a slide) of cooked greens is poured into a saucepan with hot water (200 ml). After three minutes of boiling, the broth is removed from the burner and insisted for about half an hour. After filtering the broth, it is taken in the morning, afternoon and evening. A single dose is a tablespoon.
- A teaspoon of seeds parsley is poured with a standard (250 ml) glass of warm boiled water. A glass for twelve hours sent to insist in a warm place. Filtering the finished infusion is required. A regular intake of this drug (30 ml every four hours) will inevitably end with a normalization of blood glucose levels.
- The infusion prepared according to the following recipe has a similar effect. A dessert (with a slide) spoon of chopped stalks of parsley is placed in a bowl with milk (0.5 liters) and boiled over very low heat. After waiting for a twofold reduction in volume, the broth is removed from the stove and carefully filtered. The recommended single dose of the product is one tablespoon, taken before meals.
What other ailments can heal?
- The presence of essential oil allows the use of parsley as a wonderful expectorant for the treatment of colds.
- The diuretic effect makes it an indispensable helper in the treatment of prostate inflammation, sexual impotence, menstrual irregularities.
- Due to the content of coarse plant fibers able to rid the human body of a large number of substances slagging itTherefore, it is often included in the diet of patients who lose weight.
- Having a bactericidal and wound healing effect, used to relieve symptoms associated with insect bites (especially stinging: wasps and bees), bruises and abscesses.
- High carotene content allows you to use to improve vision.
What types of insulin are there? What is their practical difference and how to choose the right dose, find out here.
- Women who are at any stage of pregnancy. In the early stages, the use of this spicy weed can cause a miscarriage, in the later stages it can end in premature birth. This is due to the tonic effect that parsley has on the smooth muscles of the human body, and the uterine muscles just belong to this muscle group.
- Patients with any inflammatory diseases, especially with kidney disease. With kidney stone disease use is undesirable because of the oxalates contained in it, which are the main causes of the appearance of sand and stones in the kidneys and urinary tract.
- The presence of cystitis is Another reason for not including greens with a pronounced diuretic effect in the diet. However, the essential oil, which is part of a hot compress applied to the area of the bladder, can soothe pain and help with cystitis.
- People with a tendency to hay fever and an allergic reaction to pollen from plants of the family Asteraceae and Birchbecause it can cause a cross-reaction.
Where to buy and how to store fresh parsley?
- You can buy quality greens on the collective farm market or from old women selling products of their own garden.
- Fresh greens can be frozen.
- You can keep parsley fresh like this: rinse thoroughly, put it on a paper towel, remove excess water with another towel and leave it for some time for additional drying. After that, the greens are put in a glass container, tightly corked and put in the refrigerator. Storage time is 3-4 weeks. It will remain green, fragrant and juicy.
Some historical facts about the peculiarities of an unusual plant - parsley on the air of the program "Live Healthy"